Think with me for a minute. You are young, vibrant and have your entire life ahead of you. You want to leave your parents’ nest and experience the world on your own. You need a change. No, not a new tattoo or blue highlights in your hair. You want to do something big. You want to move cities and experience a different part of the country. Think of the possibilities.
Reasons You Should Consider Charlotte
There are literally thousands of places to live, so how do you decide? Let’s take a look at Charlotte, North Carolina. There are many reasons one might want to move to this city. Let’s explore some of them.
- Charlotte was recently named in the top 10 fasted growing cities in the United States by CNN Money.
- Charlotte is a thriving place for businesses – big and small. Among them are Wachovia and Bank of America. It’s a great place full of opportunities for professionals with established careers and those looking to get their careers started.
- The cost of living in Charlotte is relatively low, including utilities that are cheaper than in many other parts of the country. In this economy, that’s a definite plus.
- If you like sports, you will have your choice of pro sports teams to watch. Among others, Charlotte has an NFL team, an NBA team, a hockey team and also houses a NASCAR speedway. During all times of the year, you won’t have a hard time finding sporting events to go to.
- Charlotte has great weather. Although Charlotte experiences the occasional hurricane, for the most part winters are mild and summers are warm.
- Charlotte has a high level of humidity, which is great for your skin. Goodbye cracked lips and hello glowing cheeks!
- The education system in Charlotte is strong. If you have children, education is most likely among your priorities when considering where to live. Charlotte’s graduation rates and test scores are both above national averages.
- If you are an outdoors enthusiast, you will not find yourself bored. Charlotte is nestled between the Appalachian Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. You can find activities ranging from surfing and deep-sea fishing to hiking and mountain biking.
Deciding on a city to live in is not an easy decision. No city is perfect and there are pros and cons to wherever you decide to live. Charlotte has a lot to offer and is a top pick for many people. With its good weather, strong economy, fun outdoor activities and friendly atmosphere, Charlotte has many reasons to pull you in.
Obviously, there are other factors that play into your choice of where to live. Most likely, the location of your next home will be based on where you decide to work or go to school. However, if Charlotte is in the mix of possibilities, you should certainly give it some extra special consideration. If you are looking for work, a place to go to school, or even a place to retire, keep you eye on Charlotte, North Carolina.
By Jamie Bailey
Jamie has written for many years about a variety of topics. She currently writes for First Restoration DKI on topics ranging from storm damage to disaster restoration. She especially enjoys writing about home ownership and city living.